Date: Not Currently Scheduled – Please Check Back
Ages: High School
You are enrolling in the first semester of an online one-year class, Patriot’s American History. This class is designed as a one year American History high school course.You may choose a graded option, or an ungraded option.
This class is a survey of the major events that have shaped America. The first semester will cover Columbus to the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad in 1869.
The second semester will cover James Garfield’s election in 1880 to the present day.
This course and course text takes the view point that, in general, America has been an incredible force for liberty in the world. We won’t teach that America is always right, but we also won’t teach that America is always wrong. We’ll look at America’s founding documents to discover the great legacy of liberty that they intended to leave for us. As students uncover the events of American History, they will evaluate whether or not that legacy of liberty was maintained and preserved through it all.
Your student will love the live class format, where they can interact with the teacher, and with fellow students.
- COMING SOON: A SELF-PACED COURSE
What we’ll cover:
- Textbook chapter readings
- PowerPoint lessons in our live classes
- Lessons on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution
- Research and discussion of major events in history to allow students to form their own opinions
- Bi-weekly current events write-ups
- View and evaluate original source documents from time periods we will cover: political cartoons, speeches, music, artwork, newspapers, etc.
- Periodic writing assignments
- Semester research project
Students will be able to ask questions in class, work with fellow students in break out rooms, create research projects to present in class.