Dates: Not Currently Scheduled
In this class, we’ll use a variety of hands-on activities to help students set up a budget, and encourage them to stick with it. Students will choose a career, research the salary and income taxes, and keep track of weekly check book transactions.
- Grocery Shopping Project – so they can better understand how to make wise choices at the supermarket, including using coupons
- Personal Finance Project – students will choose a career and research real life costs of living, including taxes! An eye-opening project.
Weekly Topics Covered:
- What is a budget
- Keeping track of your cash
- Charitable giving
- Emergency Fund
- Writing a check
- Checking accounts – fees and policies
- Credit Cards: dangers and uses
Join me for this fun, and very practical, class.